Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day #3 Enjoying The Small/Simple Things

As I sit here in my hotel room, looking out the window, I can see the planes taking off from SEATAC. I love praying for each flight I see.

It has been a long day of training with excellent instructors. We were at the headquarters for Alaska Airlines today. All 30 of us, each at our own computers to begin learning the computer system that we will know by heart and become so natural to us, within a few months. It will come after much repetitive practice :} I am looking forward to learning the program, and learning it with excellence.

I got to visit the Alaska/Horizon employee store. It was an absolute blast. Everything that had the name Horizon on it, was 50% off, in celebration because this is the 30th year anniversary of Horizon. Oh the small, simple things of life, I so enjoy.

I have met so many wonderful people in my class. We are all from different stations but have the same connection of Alaska/Horizon family. There are 2 gals from the Fairbanks, Alaska station. So, right away, I had to connect with them. :}

The 2 instructors make the class so enjoyable. We are laughing and learning and asking a million questions. The company is committed to helping you succeed and gives you the tools toward that end. I still can't believe this is me, here, in this position. It is a wonderful gift from the Lord to me, and to my family. I just want to keep pinching myself, to make sure I am not dreaming and it is really real. The Lord really does hear the cries of one's heart.

Flying high with excitement.....

No comments: