Monday, February 28, 2011

Alaska Day #9

My heart is full. I spent the morning at Church On The Rock, worshiping with so many ones that I love. Hugged so many. Love so many. Heard a good word on the "Two Sons". Then headed back out to the homestead, packed my suitcases, and hugged my family. Kenneth and Theresa drove me to Anchorage today, as they had some business they need to take care of tomorrow in town. We are all staying at Bob & Deb's tonight.
Many memories to cherish that I hold in my heart from this past week. Many to process. As I hugged my dad, I assured him I would be back in the late summer to see him again, so my heart was not sad saying goodbye. Holding Laura tightly before I left. Again, trusting the Lord with her. She is a precious girl.
My trip was everything I could of desired. I am humbled and blessed that the Lord would allow me to come and go before me. He has always been faithful, is faithful and will remain faithful to the deep cries of my heart.
I heard a song on the radio today by Barbara Streisand, "people who need people, are the luckiest people in the world".... my paraphrase: "people who need people, are the blessed people in the world". We need each other. We need each other to love, to encourage, to hug, to pray with, to weep with, to rejoice with, to exhort, to spur on to godliness. Friendships are a gift. They are to be treasured and taken care of. I haven't always been a good friend, but my heart yearns to be the friend that the Lord asks of me in the lives of the ones I love.
Tomorrow I get to see my hubby. I am incredibly grateful for the man of God he is. In fact, tonight, my heart is grateful for so much. For the time spent with my dad, my family, my daughter, my friends..... I love life. In my heart, I am truly an Alaskan. Maybe someday the Lord will send us back here. That is on my "bucket list".

No comments: