Saturday, November 10, 2012

Marjorie 11/10/1938


I am missing my mom so much these days. Today is her birthday and she would be 74 years old. It has been 20 years now that she was taken from us.

When I think through the last 20 years, so much life has happened in the lives of her children. We have had wonderful joys and deep sorrows that we know she would of walked through with us.

How does one go on when you lose your mother? I know for me, it is a continuing process. You accept the pain and over the course of time, the deep sharp pain of the loss lessens, but nevertheless the pain remains. Because no one can take the place of a mother in your heart.

I will be forever grateful that the Lord choose to give me the mom I had. She was just a child herself when I was born. It was always fun having such a young mother.

One vivid memory: I was 15 years old (sophmore in high school)  and that year my mom turned 30. I remember going to school that day on her birthday and telling my friends that my mom was really old!  It is all in the perspective :}

Happy Birthday Mom.... I love you to heaven and back and back again!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments: