Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Just Between Us

I carry so many hopes and dreams for this new coming year of 2013.

But, one lesson I have learned in life is that expectations can be the death of you.

So, with these expectations, I very carefully and gently place them in the Lord's hands and trust Him to bring them to pass, keeping my eyes and heart focused on Him and not on myself or others to fulfill them. Of course, I am to do my part, whatever that consists of, but ultimately my hope and expectations are from Him. 

When we begin to look at others to fulfill our dreams, our hopes, our expectations, we become disappointed, disillusioned and discouraged. The three D's. Sounds like the friends that gathered with David in the cave when he was running from Saul.

Goodbye 2012. You have given me some of the deepest desires of my heart and also some of my deepest pain...but just between us: that is life, and I love life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy new year!!