Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Grandmother's Instant Reaction

Today, I was checking in a young child, who was flying to another state, to spend the summer with another parent.

As the child's face was all red from crying and their eyes were filled with tears because they didn't want to leave, I felt the tears well up in my own eyes and roll down and it was an instant reaction in this grandmother's heart.

How did I explain to complete strangers my reaction: Just that I understood.

In just a week my 3 precious grandchildren will begin to experience this same dramatic tearing as they board a plane to stay with "another" parent for a season and probably many seasons to come throughout their young lives.

I am reminded of the phrase from the Parent Trap with Haley Mills "like His and Her Towels"....

I know the Lord's grace can cover them and will cover them and YET, this grandmother's heart aches for them.




4 comments:

rene said...

Oh Tewwy...
I'm so grateful for your heart. You always see straight to the heart of a matter. In the busy craziness of traveling, I know your moment with that child was a very welcome touch of understanding.

bless you. love you.

Teresa Lee said...

Ruhnay....
Thank you my friend..... I love you so....
Tewwy

Bryan Lowe said...

Nicely put.. You seem to be at your best when you share challenging emotions and a pondering heart, both at the same time.

ybic, Bryan

Teresa Lee said...

Bryan, Thanks my brother. Trying to figure out what ybic stand for?