Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"What is that to you?"

I have pondered this verse from John 21:22 for some time now. I can remember the moment, I clearly heard the Lord speak this verse to my heart. I found myself perturbed by a certain individual who was responding in very selfish, prideful behavior.... I wanted to give them a piece of my mind....and I can clearly hear the Lord's voice, still to my heart..."What is that to you, Terry, YOU follow me. It is a continued lesson in my life. Whatever the Lord has asked of me, that is where my heart needs to walk in obedience. Others can choose, what they may...I must remain faithful and true to what the Lord has asked of me. More and more, I am understanding that it is the process that the Lord brings us through, and not the "end" result that is most important.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Terry,
I wasn't familiar with the verse just by reference so I looked it up. Jn 21:22 Jesus said to him, "If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you? You follow Me." (NKJV).

A good lesson indeed.