Sunday, April 29, 2012

My Red Ruby Shoes Are Clicking....


It would be fun to have a pair of ruby red shoes, but for now, this picture is absolutely adorable.

I am imagining myself with this pair of shoes on, and my feet are clicking together, "there is no place like home".

This week I will be headed to Alaska again to visit my dad and to see my girl Laura, and meet her Brian, and to see the rest of my family up there and some dear friends. It will be a short visit, a mere 4 days, but I will squeeze every minute out of it.

There is something about "going home". A place where you have years of history and people that have shared your years and life with. People that have known you since childhood. It is a sacred bond you share with them.

I can't wait to hug my dad and hold his hand and hug him and tell him how much I love him and am thankful for him. I don't know how many more days the Lord has left for him on this earth. I want to be able to take every opportunity I can to be with him.

So, red ruby shoes, take me to where part of my heart remains, Homer, Alaska.

No comments: