Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sticks & Stones....

"Sticks and stones may break my bones
But words will never hurt me"


I remember these words being chanted on the playground from my childhood.

It wasn't until I was older that I realized how untrue those words are.

The scars of painful words leave a lasting imprint upon our lives.

It seems we so carelessly use our words these days, that we don't take the time to reflect on the ramifications of them.

"There is one who speaks rashly like the thrusts of a sword,
But the tongue of the wise brings healing".

Proverbs 12:18

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Oh, how true this is. Ann Voskamp once said, "Only speak words that make souls stronger." May that be our goal!

Tomi Jo said...

Sooo...True!!! If our words don't line up with our testimony, it is worthless. James 1:26