Monday, May 23, 2011

The Beep Of The Cell Phone....

My cell phone beeped today, as I was sitting at my desk at work, alerting me that I had a text message. Looking at my phone, I saw that the text message was from my first born daughter, Jessica. I knew that the message that was on the phone, would change the course of all our lives to some degree. I flipped open the phone, read the message and burst into tears, sobbing. The message read: "Final decision made: Staying Here!"

Jessica and her husband, Justin, have been on a whirlwind course these last few weeks of talking, and praying and seeking counsel, and more talking and praying, to come to a decision about a job offer that had been put before them. The job would take them many miles from here, and not Alaska.

They had Jim's and my full support whatever way they choose. We just wanted them to do what they felt the Lord was asking of them. Last night, I tossed and turned, knowing that today, they had to give the final answer. Every parent wants the best for their child and my heart was so torn, realizing that they might move far away and how could my mother and grandmother heart survive?

My daughter is my friend, and I love spending time with her. The Lord has given us a very special relationship. We have shared so much together.

As I lay my head on my pillow tonight, I am grateful to the Lord that I don't have to say goodbye to my grandkids, my daughter and son-in-law, for now. They are here in Washington to stay, until the Lord opens up the right doors and they know the doors are from Him. It will be the right timing....
Until then, I will hug, laugh, enjoy, invest into their lives, every moment I can with all the "more" days that the Lord gives me.

1 comment:

Sharon S. Mason said...

Terry, I know exactly how your heart is rejoicing at this moment! Having children and grandchildren near and far, I can share with you that knowing they are following the Lord brings peace to this grammy's heart. God gave His only son for us. I can't give less. That goodness we live in a time in history when we have skype, cellphones, internet, etc. Not like the covered wagon days when families left and never saw each other again. Blessings to you my friend, Sharon