Friday, June 10, 2011

The Long Goodbye.....

Today, was my last day at Clackamas Community College. I have worked there for 5 years and 3 months. So many memories made. So many precious friends and students have forever found a place in a chamber of my heart.

A new chapter begins for me. I will become a full time employee of Horizon Airlines on the 20th of June. It has been a desire of my heart for years to work for Alaska Airlines and Horizon is under the umbrella of Alaska Airlines.

I am grateful and thankful for the new beginnings ahead for me. I have no doubt that the Lord has gone before me and opened this door. It is a gift from Him to me and I rejoice!

I have been saying goodbye all week and tomorrow will be the last, as I attend the Class of 2011 Pinning Ceremony. It will be so bittersweet for me. Saying goodbye to my dear, dear staff, who have become my dear, dear, friends. Also, students who I call my own, are about to graduate and go out and touch the world! I am so proud of each one of them. They have worked so hard to get to this place. If I ever find myself in a place that I need a nurse, I hope I will find a CCC Nursing student at my side, for they really are the BEST!

No comments: