Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day #1 A New Adventure

Well, it was an absolute blast checking in at PDX. The gals at the counter were all excited to learn that I was going to be "the new gal" soon and wanted to know when I was going to start! It was nice to check in, have them take my bag, and not have to pay a penny...I am loving the perks already.

My flight to SEA was fast and good. No turbulance, which I am grateful for. Had a pleasant conversation with the gentlemen seated beside me.

Flew up with another young gentleman, who will be working with Horizon too, and going to the same training as I. We finally found our hotel provided by Horizon for all us trainees, and I got a room with NO roommate:} So that is nice. Even though it would of been fun to share a room with someone and get to know someone new (I was hoping for someone from Alaska)...having my own room is absolutely GLORIOUS.

Had dinner at Dennys with the other new trainee from PDX. We had a nice conversation. He is engaged to be married in November. He loves Jesus too, so it was wonderful to connect with him.

I am going to study my airport codes one more time tonight before I lay my head on the pillow. I miss my hubby already, but it is a blessing to me that he is so supportive and excited for me in this new opportunity that the Lord has definitely opened for me.

I feel incredibly humbled and grateful tonight. I am so excited about the week ahead, learning new things and applying them, and meeting so many new people that will be a part now of my new family of Horizon/Alaska Airlines.

3 comments:

Michelle Simpson Photos said...

Sounds like you are already loving this journey! I pray you do well!!

bryandelizabeth said...

Terry, you have such a great attitude!! You ae=re an inspiration. Keep your chin up, & blessings to you!

Teresa Lee said...

Thank you Michelle.... I am loving the journey! Thank you Bryandelizabeth.....do we know each other?