Ah.... I love my new job with Alaska/Horizon Airlines....Let me list a few reasons why.
1. No more tears riding the employee bus home from a work shift.
2. The people I work with are so supportive and encouraging to help me learn.
3. I LOVE the passengers and meeting them and trying to help them.
4. Of course the free flight perk!
5. Wearing uniforms is fun. Plus you don't have to worry about what to wear.
6. I do like giving announcements over the PA system.
7. Gaining new friendships with fellow employees.
Seven is my favorite number, so I will stop there for now. The flickering light bulb in my brain is starting to have some pauses and moments of burning brightly as I catch on to the details of the job. It is not always flickering, which is good, sometimes it shines brightly, which means, I have caught on and done a procedure correctly. YEAH....
It has been 3 months now, since I put on the uniform and I am so glad I have stuck it out to get this far and not given up. Looking forward to gaining more confidence and learning the procedures, especially before the holidays arrive. We will be swamped then, and I want to be able to do my part in helping the passengers with all their needs.
It has been the most intense job I have ever had. We are on a time frame to get those planes out on time. So it is a challenge, and I like challenges!
I don't regret for a moment coming to this new job. It was always a desire for me to work for Alaska Airlines. It was a dream for me, that has been fulfilled and I am grateful to the Lord for giving me this opportunity.