Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Books, Books....Oh, How I Love Thy Pages...

My most favorite aisle at Costco is the book aisle. No matter what is on my shopping list, I always have to stop and browse the books. My cart just automatically goes there!

I love to read. I attained that love during my childhood years. Growing up on the homestead, we didn't have electricity for many years. So, that meant we had no TV. Nor did we have a telephone for that matter.

I would lay on my bed (my bunk) for hours and read away. I read every Nancy Drew book at least 3 times. I remember reading "Christy" and had to reread it over and over. I couldn't put "Gone With The Wind" down, it was so captivating.

A good book is one that you don't want to end. Sometimes when I am in the middle of a book, I will comment to my hubby, that I am sad, because I am almost finished with the book and I want it to go on forever and not stop :}

Right now I am reading, "Killing Lincoln" by Bill O'Reilly. I love history and what an amazing leader Lincoln was. So much we can learn from him.

There are so many other books I would love to read. I pick them up at Costco, then put them back down and always say, "I need to finish the books I have, before I buy another".

Books about History (thank you Mr. Schroer) are my favorite. But almost any book can capture my attention. Well, with the exception of anything that has to do with cooking :{

I am thankful that my granddaughter, Taylor, has my same love for reading. Books are an incredible gift, and the ability to read, is a gift, too!

1 comment:

nmetzler said...

I love it when the kids get excited about reading. I could just sit curled up on the couch with them all day...