Sunday, May 6, 2012

Alaska How I Love Thee...

I have internet.... First time I have been able to use my computer is today. I am sitting at Safeway (Eagle) grocery story and using their free internet.

I stepped off the plane in Anchorage and took in a deep breath of the brisk clean fresh air and absolutely felt at home!

I have spent time with my dad, and loved every moment. In fact, when I am done blogging, I am headed back out to see him again for a little bit. It is such a gift to my heart to be able to come and spend time with him. Something that I will always deeply cherish.

I spent yesterday with my darling daughter and met her Brian. It is so fun to see her beaming. Ah, my mother's heart. He seems like such a wonderful young man. I was able to meet Brian's mom and grandmother yesterday too. What a heritage that has been passed onto him.

Went to Church On The Rock this morning. What a wonderful word that Skip Bowersocks shared and I was able to see many people I love. My biggest surprise was seeing my roommate from ABI, the Bible School we attended so many years ago, Pam Christensen. What a blessing and treat for me. I don't think we have seen each other for over 20 years.

This is really such an ugly time to come to Alaska as it is known as "break up".. Everything is dirty...and yet, I absolutely love it. Don't have to worry about washing your car up here :}

I am thankful for the Lord's grace that covers us and has covered us through the years. It is only because of His grace that we are who we are and it is one of the greatest gifts we can give each other. GRACE.......

No comments: