Friday, March 11, 2011

What have we come to value?


I just got done looking through this magazine. I ask myself, "Why do I read it? What draws me to be so interested in the lives of the rich and famous?" Here are just some of the things from this issue.

Charlie's life is in disarray

Christiana has bad-news boyfriend

Scarlett and Ryan's breakup three months ago appeared to be drama free

Many celebrities have their own personal app

Justin's hair

Kody & his sister's wives'

What is fashionable

Legal Matters

Divorcing

Wed

Baby on Board

Beauty Watch

Tour of someone's rich Irish castle

These are just some of the articles in this magazine. I got done and my first response is "WHO CARES?"...Who in the world gives a rip? Why do I waste my time and money to buy the magazine. Even though this particular magazine was not mine, I have paid $$ to buy this before. It is so irrelevant to real life.

People, living the life of the rich and famous, flaunting their wealth and destroying one relationship after another. Are these the roll models I want for my grandchildren? Absolutely not.

Thinking of our world tonight. People going hungry, not having clothes/shoes for their families, not having homes, not having water etc....thinking of Japan and the devastation that country is experiencing tonight.. oh, the contrast. And what about our military? Giving their lives for us, and in constant danger, so that America might stand free. These are our heroes. They have given themselves to something worth while, to make a difference.

I hope to not waste much more of my precious time, reading magazines that have no positive, growing influence in my heart. That have nothing to do with real life.

What have we come to value?

No comments: