Saturday, March 26, 2011

Where are my red ruby slippers?



Don't you wish it would be that easy? Clicking together a pair of red ruby slippers, and then being transported to where your heart longs to be.

Dorothy skipped along the yellow brick road with her 3 friends, hoping that the great Wizard would be able to give her the desire of her heart, to go back home to Auntie Em. She never realized that she had everything she needed right then to go home.

These are a few observations from this famous story.

1. Each of Dorothy's friends had needs also. We all desperately need His touch.
2. We need each other, to come along side, exhort and encourage and to walk the yellow brick road together.
3. We need to appreciate the ones in our lives (like Auntie Em). There will come a day, when we will no longer have them, or vice versa.
4. Somewhere over the rainbow, I hope there is a nice pot of gold.
5. I still don't like flying monkeys.
6. I'd rather be Glenda than the wicked witch.
7. We already have everything we need through Him.
8. Sometimes, I still would like a pair of those ruby slippers, as I impatiently wait for His timing and plans for me.
9. Dear Jesus, I wear a size 10.

No comments: