Sunday, March 6, 2011

Diamonds are sisters' best friends......or at least make a good memory...



If you could look close enough you can see each of us 3 sisters have a diamond on the right side of our noses. Grandma Gail was the fun culprit. She had a stash of fake studded nose diamonds and she helped us 3 girls put them on. We laughed so hard together. We left them on all day until they fell off. But, oh the curious looks and questions that came with them. My daughter Laura, couldn't believe I would do such a thing as she knows her dad, my hubby, wouldn't think it was the greatest decision I had accomplished in my life. I played along with her and didn't tell her right away that it was just a stick on nose stud. Needless to say, it was harmless and brought so much laughter and making a memory together that it was worth every bit of it.

Reminds me of life. We sometimes put things on, to pretend we are something we aren't. Oh, the masks we sometimes wear. One thing I appreciate so much, at one of the things the Lord has done in my life, is that, we can come to Him just as we are. We don't need to pretend, or behave a certain way. We don't need to put on someone else's shoes or clothes, to be accepted. We don't need to be or look like anyone else. He accepts us just as we are! We don't have to perform to earn his love. It is the same with our relationships and friendships with each other. Being real is one of the most important gifts we can give to each other. With all our flaws and failures, being honest and saying, "this is who I am". That is freedom. That is liberating.

p.s. In all honesty, I really would like a real studded diamond in my nose. I think they are very feminine. Unfortunately my husband doesn't share the same opinion!

1 comment:

Faythe said...

It's awesome that you are so close. There's no replacement for loving family and friends, ones that you can always be yourself with. Such a treasure.