Monday, February 28, 2011

Alaska/Oregon Day #10

I did fine saying goodbye until I got to the airport and it was just Kenneth and I. My eyes started to tear... Airports are joyous and sad all at the same time. Then, I was doing okay until I read my daughter Laura's facebook post about her mom leaving and I am sitting in the Chili's restaurant at the Anchorage airport by myself and the tears started to stream. I gained my composure again and wheeled my pink carry on with the white pokadots to my gate. The day was so clear and beautiful. A perfect weather day to fly out of Alaska. In the back of my mind I was wishing that Redoubt would blow and no flights for a week :} but, it wasn't to be. When the plane was going down the runway to take off, I started to cry again, realizing that once the wheels touch off the ground, I would be leaving Alaska. I know, I have a very sentimental heart. But I love Alaska so much and my family there and the beauty and the vastness and the non busyness of life. And yet at the same time, I was missing my honey and family here and just wish we could all live in the same town, different streets :} I am incredibly grateful to a faithful God for all He has given me and allowed me to do and have. I am blessed. I will remain faithful to Him who has called us here for now and love the people who He has given to us here. My heart longs to be obedient and faithful to His calling upon our lives. Thank you to each one who made my trip, a trip of my dreams. It was perfect in every way. Oh to see my dad, and hug him and laugh with him, and share memories. Looking forward to more of that in the near future. We laughed as a family and played "words with friends" with each other until the wee hours of the night and made more memories. I am home now and my hubby had the house spotless. He had also written a poem for me (a nice one) and had it on the counter. He even ironed the pillowcases! He does treasure me and I love every moment of it. It was fun to pull out of my suitcase all the little trinkets and treasures I brought back with me for him and my grandkids of course! So, this is the end of this portion of my blog for this trip. I will continue writing in my blog at least weekly with random thoughts and ponderings that the Lord is stirring within me. Thank you for sharing this precious journey with me. I am and will always be an Alaskan by heart.

No comments: