Saturday, February 26, 2011

Alaska Day #8

Today is my last full day in Homer, as I will be headed to Anchorage tomorrow after church. As of every other day that I have been here, I have made the most of my moments. Spending as much time with family and then seeing friends in between those moments.
Spent a few hours with my daddy today. I again am so thankful for the heritage that has been passed to me through him and my mommy. I am confident that it was the Lord who took us from Massachusetts in 1964 and brought us here. It was His plan, and in His heart for us. I am humbled that He would go to such lengths to reveal His heart to us and that He continues to go to such lengths to reveal His heart to us.
Had lunch with Laura, Kenneth and Theresa in town today. It is so fun to be together. Saw a neighbor and friend, Dwight, at Subway while we were there and had him sit with us. It was so fun to reconnect. He was our neighbor on the river bottom and we share so many memories together as families.
Pam, Brenda, Cassy, Laura and I took a tour at the Winery out East End. It definitely was a memory made and captured on camera. Laughter is a wonderful gift.
Spent the evening relaxing with the family and watching the DVD series of Love Comes Softly.
I am so grateful for God's incredible grace in our lives and for the freedom and liberty that He has for us to walk in. I am humbled for His heart for us, for me.

No comments: