Sunday, February 13, 2011

Hills & Valleys.....

"I use to think that life was hills and valleys-you go through a dark time, then you go to the mountaintop, back and forth. I don't believe that anymore. Rather than life being hills and valleys, I believe that it is kinda like two rails on a railroad track, and at all times, you have something good and something bad in your life. No matter how good things are in your life, there is always something bad that needs to be worked on. And no matter how bad things are in your life, there is always something good you can thank God for" Pastor Rick Warren

Tonight, as my heart is weeping with those that weep, so far away, as they say goodbye to someone dear and precious, it also is rejoicing with a dear friend who is close, who was given a special gift today.

The Lord asks us to weep with those that weep and to rejoice with those who rejoice. For those that weep, I want to hold you close and let you cry and I will cry with you, asking the Lord to comfort your hearts as only He can do. My heart is raw and hurting for you.... And for my friend who is rejoicing, I am rejoicing with you today, I celebrate an answer to a deep cry of your heart!

When I personally weep, when I personally rejoice..... I am thankful for the people the Lord has in my life to share both sides of the tracks with me.

No comments: