Saturday, February 26, 2011

Alaska Day #7

It was wonderful to sleep in this morning. The roads were a little icy today so I had to be careful. I did step out of the truck once today though and my feet slipped right out from under me and I landed on my behind and elbow, but I am fine. It would of made a funny home videos clip. Sanding trucks are one of my favorite friends this time of year in Alaska. Makes the roads and parking lots so much safer.
Saw some precious friends today. From the hospital to Subway and Captain's Coffee and at a friend's home....eating subway sandwiches,drinking diet coke, drinking coffee and sharing hearts. Sharing memories, making new memories and laughing. Friendships are such a gift. I treasure them and do not take them for granted.
Spent the late afternoon and evening with my brother and his wife, Ken and Theresa, relaxing and watching a movie. My Laura came from Kenai and is spending the last few days here with me before I head back to Oregon on Sunday afternoon. I love having my baby girl here. Laura just asked me if I would rub her back, so time to shut my computer down for the evening. My heart is full and grateful for all He has given to me.

No comments: