Monday, February 21, 2011

Alaska Day #3

Another beautiful day in the hamlet by the sea. Full of laughter and memories. Some went snowmachining for the day. I passed as I didn't want to freeze my toes off, but they had a great time. Laura and Laci got a little bruised up and will be sore tomorrow, but they are fine. Laura fell into a hole, and her head went forward and broke the windshield and she hurt her knee. Laci kept on tipping over and she has some good bruises on her knee too....But they came back smiling :} I spent a few hours with my dad today with my two sisters and brother in law before they left to go back to Anchorage and Kodiak. We took lots of pictures and laughed our hearts out. This evening was spent with dad and Gail coming up to the house and we shared stories from our childhood AGAIN. There is nothing like being in a room, full of family, who know you, who you have shared your life with, and you are laughing your head's off. There is so much we have walked through together.
I am thankful that the Lord chose to take us from Massachusetts and bring us to this great land of Alaska. He knew it would be here that we would find Him. That He would reveal His heart to us and we would bow our hearts to Him and serve Him. I am thankful for the parents He choose for me and for the legacy they have given to me and my family. I am savoring each moment here.... I believe my heart is shaped like the state of Alaska.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greg says I was born in Kansas, but Alaskan blood runs through my veins :)
But I think your heart is definitely shaped like Alaska!