Thursday, February 24, 2011

Alaska Day #5

I feel like a real Alaskan woman driving around in my dad's 4 wheel truck. It is a blast. TL's are fun. Got up early this morning and headed up to ABI to attend my dad's class. What a blessing it was to hear my dad's heart and wisdom as he shared from the book of Jonah. He had such great insight that I had never heard before. Isn't it interesting how you can read a portion of scripture over and over again and then the Lord reveals a new truth to my heart from the same word. I love it when the Lord does that.
Spent some time with precious friends today. One from childhood and one from about 14 years. I love relationships, I love my friends, I love the people the Lord has put in my path. I absolutely like "Sweet Berries". What a fun restaurant and all the goodies to look at and purchase of course.
I love good conversations, lots of laughter, a few tears, prayers and hugs.... we are all gifts to each other.
Tonight, my dad and the rest of the family that remains in Homer went out to Land's End for Local Night. It was fun to be together and laugh and talk and share a good meal.
Seems like I am always having my camera in my hand. So much to capture, so much to cherish, so much to hold onto in my heart.....
I feel like a very rich woman in the wealth the Lord has given me in family and friends.
My heart remains in Alaska.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's funny that you just wrote that you liked TL's! :) Sure miss you, but am so glad you are there and that it has been a great trip! Hugs mama!