Thursday, February 24, 2011

Alaska Day #6

My alarm went off this morning and I fell back to sleep. I did make it in time though for my dad's class. :} Having an automatic starter is a wonderful blessing. I could start the truck from the warmth of the house, while I got ready to go. So great again to hear my dad teach. What an incredible wealth of knowledge he has. I loved getting his handouts and will enjoy studying them in the future. What a gift.
Again spent time with dear friends today. My dear Kelly who lost her husband a few weeks ago. What can one say? except, I love you, I pray for you, I weep with you, I stand with you, I hold you and I lift you before the Lord. She is precious and I know the Lord will walk with her each step of the way through this season of her life. Life is hard and sometimes it really sucks. So thankful we have the Lord Jesus to turn to.
This evening I spent with my Bud. We have been friends since 1977. We had our babies together. We share so many memories from so many different seasons of our life. I love laughing and sharing and also shedding a tear or two, with those I love.
Today is my brother's 50th birthday. It was fun as I made him a birthday cake. I am so thankful for him and what the Lord has given to me.
I have had a few moments of tears(by myself) as I have thought of my dad and how I want him to live for another 15 years or more. I still can't wrap my heart around his disease. I love him.

No comments: