Monday, July 16, 2012

Alaska Bound Day #1

Well...it is quite interesting being on the other side of the counter when I am flying to take a trip.

I am a good passenger in that I arrived at least 2 hours before my flight departs and I am sitting at the gate even before the gate agent is here to board it! I have my boarding pass out, ready, and flat for the gate agent to scan.

I am a bad passenger in that, I had TWO little Swiss Army jack knives in my purse :{ One is pink(naturally) and the other one is red which my husband bought me about 20 years ago. I forgot they were even in there, hidden down in the bottom of the canyon, the bottom of my purse!

So, it was either let them have them or use their system to mail them back home to me. I almost gave them up, BUT, I am so sentimental, especially the little red one from my hubby, that I forked over $14.61 to have them mailed to my home.

So, I am already making memories and I haven't even left the airport yet! OH yes, one more "security" issue... I go through the little scanner and they show me the picture on the screen and there is this yellow square on my back bottom. What, I ask? They say, pull your pants up, and go through again, it happens when your pants are baggy....:{ I am cracking up. I am wearing these jeans that I love, but they are sorta baggy, but so comfortable!!!! I think next time, if I wear them, I will make sure they are pulled up completely, so I get no more YELLOW SQUARES on my behind!

This trip is an ordained trip and I am looking forward to all that lies ahead.

Resting in what the Lord has done, is doing, and will continue to do.......

No comments: