Saturday, August 1, 2009

Alaska Day #3


Really Friday Evening, July 31st, 2009


Here I sit at a hotel in Homer that has the SLOWEST internet possible. I cannot download any of my 100 pictures that I took today. I was wanting to put a few on this blog. Tomorrow morning we are headed out for coffee and a place that we can get on the internet with some speed that will allow us to post pictures....so pictures will have to wait till morning...
We left Anchorage at around 10:30am and had a leisurely beautiful drive of 220 miles to Homer. I took some great photos. My sisters were laughing at me at what I was taking pictures off... We stopped in Soldotna at the Moose is Loose Bakery so I could see some special friends. Then we stopped in Clam Gulch at the mile marker post and put up a purple ribbon in memory of mom....near the site of her accident almost 17 years ago. We also stopped at her grave that is in Anchor Point. It is a beautiful spot that overlooks Cook Inlet. We put a purple ribbon on her cross that marks her grave and had some pondering moments there.....
We headed to Homer and found our hotel.... then we took a drive out to the Spit and went through town.... or as Homer teens call it, We did a town lap.... Then headed out to my brother, Kenneth's house and his wife Theresa and had a HALIBUT dinner. :} Uncle Mark and Isi and my dad came over too. We had tons of pictures and much laughter. I was able to see Samantha, my niece, and see her new engagement ring!!! She will be a beautiful bride this November. There is nothing and I mean nothing like family..... I am so incredibly blessed and thankful for the family I have and the relationships the Lord has built among us as adult siblings.
I better get to bed as it is early morning already...we might look for a different hotel room for the next few nights as this one doesn't have some of the necessities that the brochure said.... we will see....
p.s. Homer is incredibly beautiful.... I am going to take a walk on the beach in the early morning as Debby and Marie go for a run.... a good time to ponder, pray, think and listen.....

An Alaskan By Heart, Terry

No comments: