Sunday, August 2, 2009

Alaska Day #4






Actually it is Saturday, August 1st, 2009

Today was the day we had all waited for....and it was worth the wait..... there were so many people today at the picnic, that it will take some time to upload all of the photos I took. It is late tonight,so I don't have time....I have just added these two for now. The top one is of all the Engebretsen children, plus Harold with six of the Fitts/Halpin children with our dad, Ken. We are in the SWAMP BUGGY... that is what we use to ride in to catch the bus..... REALLY..... It was a memory and we all had to climb into it again ....but this time none of us hopped right in like we did 40 years ago...we all had to use a ladder. We were laughing so hard....what a special memory.... It was a blast to see so many people from my past. I think I took 104 pictures.... they will be up soon.
How special to hug Harold. That is the bottom picture. He is definitely someone important in my heart from my childhood. Him and Edith(his wife) who is with Jesus now were very instrumental in our family coming to know Jesus so many years ago....
We spent the whole day with family.... later on in the evening my family got together to play games...but we never did play...we just sat around the living room laughing so hard about our childhood and stories about people that are special to us.... as we were growing up ...... So much laughter....so many memories....so many side aches from laughing....
My feet are tired from standing so much today, my eyes are sore because of lack of sleep, my heart is full because of so much love of family and friends....
Alaskan By Heart, Terry


1 comment:

Katrina said...

Terry,
It looks like you're having a great time in Alaska and with your family. It's fun to see your enthusiasm spill into your posts. The pictures are fun too!