Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Alaska Day #7





Really, Tuesday, August 4th, 2009
I slept in till after 10am this morning. It was wonderful. Debby has a nice cozy bed for me upstairs and I just slept away....
By the time we left the house it was noon... we headed to a giant used bookstore in Anchorage called the Title Wave. It was enormous and a blast to walk around. I found about 5 books I am going to attempt to pack in my suitcase.
Then we headed out to Eagle River to visit our nephew, Aaron. It was fun to see him again. He is such a special young man.
On the way home from Eagle River we then had to stop at the new Target store! Yes, can you believe it, Anchorage has not only 1 target, but is getting ready to open its 2nd one soon....
We got home and Debby fixed fresh salmon and halibut that was just caught on Saturday by George, my nephew. He went out on a charter in Seward. Boy, it tasted wonderful....I could eat Salmon and Halibut every day!
After dinner we then headed to Walmart to buy some souveniers. I found a few for some folks back home and had to make sure I got t-shirts for the grandkids.
During the course of our day we had to stop and always take photos of any vanity plates we could find. I heard Alaska has the highest rate of vanity plates and I believe it. It is fun to find them and to try to figure out what they mean. It brings much laughter, and photo shooting as we are driving around.
The three pictures are of:
1. a MOOSE.... it walked slowly right in front of us on Diamond Blvd tonight. You can barely see it, but it is there!
2. My favorite license plate thus far. I am a fan of Greta Van Susteren so this is for her!
3. My sisters with Aaron. Sharing with him the photos from this weekend in Homer.
Always an Alaskan by heart, Terry

No comments: