Sunday, August 30, 2009

Because He lives...I can face tomorrow.....


Sitting up in the green section, in the outdoor Ampitheater at the Oregon State Fair, and listening to the gospel message being sung by the Gaither Vocal Band was a breath of fresh air and a ministry to this worshipping heart. Now, this is what I call gospel music. As I looked around, almost the whole crowd was my generation or older. Since the Gaithers became popular in the early 70's, a lot of young people today have never heard of them nor their music. It is a vast difference in what you hear today that people call "christian" music. It was just a ministy to my heart. Yes, a platform of seasoned artist who know their instruments and know how to sing...but also, they minister, not perform.
A comical aspect of the concert was that the BUNGEE JUMPING ride was right beside the outdoor theater. Everytime, someone would take the JUMP, a big gong sound would penetrate the airwaves... so as we are listening to the concert we are also enjoying the view of the brave ones who dare to try such a ride. I told Jim I wouldn't ride it for a million dollars and I wouldn't. I think it is a heart attack waiting to happen!
I am grateful for christian musician who minister with their God given talents and not perform. It is when they minister that Jesus is glorified and not they themselves.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

OH! I didn't realize that your blog was goin' on, Sistah!
Yay!
I'll be tuning in again.
xxox