Sunday, January 1, 2012

So excited the day she was born.....


I was so excited the day I found out I was "with child" with my firstborn. It was back in the day when you took a pregnancy test and had to wait many hours for the test results.

We moved to Minnesota to pastor a small church when I was about 2 months along. I remember finding a new doctor to walk me through my pregnancy there. I went to the appointment in my new maternity clothes (I was so excited to wear them). On my first appointment, he asked me if I was sure I was pregnant. I remember almost crying and I said, "the doctor in Alaska told me I was". Here I was so excited in my new clothes and how could I not be pregnant. :}

Jessica Joy was born on the first of January 1978. Weighing in at 9 pounds and 13 ounces. She was the 2nd baby born that day at that small hospital, so we didn't win any of the New Year prizes. I had the greatest prize and gift as I held her in my arms. I was so excited I had a girl. Oh, pink here we come.

Here are some thoughts that come to my heart as I think of my firstborn gift.

pony tails and ribbons

dresses and bonnets

#15 Basketball

poofy Bangs

working at McDonalds

YWAM

kindness

giving heart

loyal friend

tender heart

wonderful mother

adores her sister and brother

weight watchers

beautiful inside and out

Lifetime

perseveres

Cookie Lee

I love my Jessie Joy so much. Not only is she my firstborn but also has become a dear and close friend.

No matter what else the Lord allows me to accomplish in my life, nothing will be more important to me than investing in the lives of my children and grandchildren and seeing them walk and follow the Lord.

I love you my Bestie and so thankful the Lord choose to give us you!

MOM

No comments: